2) Kingdom of Ash -Sarah J. Maas

"Aelin smiled, and Goldryn burned brighter. "I am a god."  She unleashed herself upon them."


Last fall, while procrastinating my school work in the library, I picked up the first book to this series, Throne of Glass, having no idea what adventure was in store for me.  I miraculously had never heard of the series before and thought it was going to be a stand alone novel, but boy was I wrong.  These books have been the most intense and magical things I perhaps have ever read.  The characters of this story each have a place in my heart.  Now, it's time to wallow in my sorrows of post book blues. 

After the first two books, this series completely transformed into a whole new somewhat concept.  There have been many opinions in whether the story got better or worse from this, but I think it got a whole lot better.  Not only was this the introduction to so many new and amazing characters but, it was also the beginning of character development to the main three we already knew: Aelin, Dorian, and Chaol. 

One of the things I loved about this series was the amount of strong female leads.  Yrene, Mannon and her 13, Kaltain, Evangline, Elide, Nehemia, and of course the one and only Aelin Galathynius.  They each have been through their own kind of hell and back, yet didn't let that define them.  They managed to turn that pain into beautiful strength to keep fighting, for that new world they each wanted. 

Aelin was the perfect and when I saw perfect I mean PERFECT lead for this book.  Her persona just shouted main character and never once did she let me or anyone down.  The strength she always carried with her is an inspiration.  I cry when I scrape my knees or for even no reason at all, yet here she is getting stabbed, tortured and manages to stay strong and not break.  She truly is a badass.   Aelin single-handedly started the fight for a new world, but ended it with so much love and forever companionship's.  Her court was brilliant and the power it carried when I was reading gave me goosebumps.  I am so glad she got a good ending to her story with the perfect mate.  They were meant for one another and really do complete each other.  I am very happy for them.  (I'm not gonna say his name cause I think that might be a spoiler.)  Aelin is by far my favorite female lead from a book series. 

I recommend this series to anyone, especially to fantasy lovers.  It is quite long but I promise you it is one hell of a ride and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Sarah J. Maas is incredible for not only writing but also dreaming.  How you come up with all of this stuff is beyond me.  The only bad thing about this series is that it finished.  I will definitely be coming back to reread.  Until then, it's time to be sad that the journey is over.....until I find my next book. 

If you have read this series or are reading it who was your favorite character? 

Comments